BLUE EVENING SHADE

 This necklace started out as three beaded beads on a leather code. See below.










  My intentions was to create a necklace that could be worn night or day with ease. So I put the necklace aside, for months because the piece didn't feel finished.  The necklace would come to my mind every once and a while.  Then one day as I was sitting at my designing table it came to me that I had some large glass beads called Millefiori.
 Millefiori means many flowers in Italian. I became excited to see if they would work with the beaded beads. The two black beads were perfect, then I laid eyes on the yellow ones. I strung them on the cord with the black glass beads. Oh boy! Next it came to me to use the tear drop shaped blue glass beads of the same type.


I felt very happy, with the outcome.
I still needed a finish.
A book on contemporary beaded suggested that beads didn't have to start out with holes. Button could be used as clasps.
Looking through my large collection of buttons, I came upon a metal button with an orange glass center. The juices where flowing in my minds eye.
The button needed to be larger for the scale of the necklace. A blue lapis stone donut popped in my mind.
I decided to glue the donut onto the back of the button, and a clasp for the necklace came to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A PURPLE RIGHT ANGLE BEADED BEAD

  So, I made this beautiful giant beaded bead on a whim. It's created with the right angle weave stitch. Accented with purple crystals a...

Popular Post